Pre-School Warning Signs
- A late speaker
- Did not crawl on all fours – moved forward on the tummy or slid along on the bottom
- Clumsy – constant tripping, falling and hurting oneself
- Does not respond when called out to
- Loves being read to but makes no attempt at independent reading
- Difficulty in managing buttons and clasps
- Confusion in getting the correct shoe on the correct foot
- Lack of eye-hand co-ordination as in ball playing and other games
- Unable to keep time with a certain rhythm like clapping hands to a beat.
- Confusion over directional words – up: down, in: out
One needs to be concerned when a ‘cluster’ of symptoms is present over a sustained amount of time like 6 months or more.